How to Clean Different Outdoor Floor Tiles [Important Tips]
Apr 13, 2023
Outdoor floor tiles add a beautiful touch to any area and provide great functionality while imbuing your outdoor space with an elevated design appeal. Outdoor tiles often take the limelight as they are an eye-catching point of your home. However, the outdoor tiles can do much more than that, not just the pleasing look. They offer a durable and robust flooring solution that can last for decades.
However, if you want your tiles to last for years, you must take care of them properly and ensure regular cleaning and maintenance. Moreover, some essential tips and step-by-step instructions must be followed while cleaning your tiles.
This article beautifully explains everything in detail about the cleaning and maintenance process. So, if you want your tiles to last for years, you should read this article till the end.
There are different cleaning procedures for different tile types. So, you can check the cleaning and maintenance tips for all the tile types below.
How to Clean Natural Stone Tiles?
You must follow these essential tips if you have installed natural stone tiles, including Granite, Marble, Sandstone, and Limestone.
- Natural stone tiles are porous and require regular cleaning and maintenance. For best results, you should choose the right cleaning products to ensure there are no tough stains or dirt on the surface.
- Avoid using cleaning products containing ingredients such as lemon or vinegar as they are acidic. They can damage the sealer you use on the surface and ultimately etch the stone’s surface.
- Mop the surface daily using a mixture of mild dish liquid soap and warm water.
- These natural stones for your home are a great way to add beauty to any place. They can last for years and provide a robust outdoor flooring solution if properly cared for.
- If you are using these outdoor tiles for garden and entryway, you must sweep them more often.
How to Clean Porcelain and Ceramic Tiles?
Below are some cleaning and maintenance tips for porcelain & ceramic outdoor floor tiles.
- Regular cleaning is a must to maintain the beautiful look of your outdoor tiles. It is recommended to sweep the surface daily using a bristle broom. You can also use a vacuum cleaner to suck up all the dirt.
- Your outdoor porcelain tiles should be cleaned with warm water once every few days or more frequently if you notice some dirt or grime accumulating. Mop the tiles with a pail of fresh, warm water. By doing this, you can maintain the tiles clean.
- Deep cleaning is recommended once a month, or it may depend on the condition of your modern outdoor floor tiles. You can clean the surface with warm water and mild detergent.
How to Clean Cement Tiles?
If you are more towards a traditional style, you might be using cement tiles on your outdoors. With attractive colours, these outdoor floor tiles can bring a touch of beauty to your home. However, due to their porous nature, they are prone to staining and spills. So, you should ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of these tiles.
- Ensure you are done with the two coats of sealing to maintain the look of this tile. You can sweep and mop the surface using a mixture of mild cleaner and water for regular cleaning.
- Avoid using acidic cleaners that may wear the paver sealant and damage the outdoor floor tiles’ surface.
How to Clean Mosaic Tiles?
Mosaic tiles are made of small pieces of glass tiles or marble that create a beautiful and eye-soothing look. However, to maintain the pleasing look of these outdoor floor tiles, you must clean them regularly. Below are some cleaning and maintenance tips you need to follow.
- Using a mild detergent, clean the mosaic flooring tiles. Avoid using any abrasive sponge or cloth for cleaning as it may scratch the surface.
- Another easy way to clean the surface of these modern outdoor floor tiles UK is to use a mixture of baking soda & water, dip a cloth in that mixture and clean the tiles.
- Mosaic tiles contain many grout lines that must be cleaned regularly. You can use a toothbrush or clean cloth and dip it in a mixture of soap and water. Scrub the grout and the tiles to bring back that beautiful look.
Whether you have installed natural stone tiles, porcelain tiles, or any other outdoor floor tiles, you must take proper care of them and ensure regular cleaning and maintenance. Hope these cleaning tips will help you get a fresh and clean look on your tile’s surface.