Legal Policies: Privacy, Copyright, Disclaimer
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Our business and internal computer systems, including this website, have been designed to comply with the following national and international legislation’s with regards to data protection and user privacy:
• UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
• EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
• EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
Our website’s compliance with the above legislation’s means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries.
If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation, you should contact us.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, in particular ordering of product samples
- Information which you provide with us if you choose to complete one of our contact forms, including: title, name, company name, telephone number, email address, postal address, post code, country
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Your rights under GDPR
In particular, but without limitation, you may have the following rights under applicable European data protection law:
Right of access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we process personal data from you and you also have the right to at any time obtain access to our personal data stored by us. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us.
Right to rectification of your personal data: If we process your personal data, we shall endeavour to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which we collected your personal data was collected. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to obtain the rectification of such data.
Right to erasure of your personal data or right to restriction of processing: You may have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data or the restriction of processing of your personal data.
Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before the withdrawal. To exercise this right you may at any time contact us
Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller.
Right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority located in the European Union. You may contact the Hesse Data Protection Supervisor.
Ownership of Copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by us and our licensors.
We grant to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable licence to:
- • (a) view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- • (b) copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- • (c) print pages from this website for your own [personal and non-commercial] use.
We do not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without our prior written permission.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is prohibited.
You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to us or by email to the addresses shown at the end of this page.
Enforcement of copyright
We take the protection of our copyright very seriously.
If we discover that you have used our copyright materials in contravention of the licence above, we may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of our copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the licence above, please report this by writing to us or by email to the addresses shown at the end of this Website Policies document.
If you become aware of any material on our website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by writing to us or by email to the addresses shown at the end of this Website Policies document.
Status of Linking Policy
By using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this linking policy.
Links To This Website
Links pointing to this website should not be misleading. Appropriate link text should always be used.
From time to time we may update the URL structure of our website, and unless we agree in writing otherwise, all links should point to https://www.digbystone.com
- • You must not use our logo to link to this website (or otherwise) without our express written permission.
- • You must not link to this website using any inline linking technique.
- • You must not frame the content of this website or use any similar technology in relation to the content of this website.
Links From This Website
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and Digby Stone accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Removal of Links
You agree that, should we request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
If you would like us to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact us using the contact details below. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.
Changes To This Linking Policy
We may amend this linking policy at any time by publishing a new version on this website.
Should you have any questions about this linking policy, please contact us by writing to us or by email to the addresses shown at the end of this page.
This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to Use Website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or PDF files from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below.
You must not:
- (a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- (b) sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website;
- (c) show any material from the website in public;
- (d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- (e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- (f) redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our PDF files).
Limitation and Exclusion of Warranties and Liability
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- (c) limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- (d) exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
- (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. The revised disclaimer will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised disclaimer on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Web Policies will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer will be subject to the [non-]exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The full name of our company is Digby Stone, Stone House, Hayseech Road, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 3PD (postal address for enquiries).
You can contact us by email to email@example.com.
We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 0646 7190.
Our VAT number is 926 4485 02.
Our registered address is Digby Stone, Tey Gardens, Church Lane, Little Tey, Essex. CO6 1HX